|Liquid comfort. (And no hangover in the morning.)|
But in the meantime you should all be making Pippa Kendrick's Roasted Butternut Squash, Coconut and Chilli soup.
I've tweaked the recipe to make it easier (note: always choose the lazy way if you can) and sans roasting the butternut squash, you can have this ready in 20 mins (ish).
Oh and I threw in some red lentils too. Other people's recipes are definitely made to be tweaked :-)
Pippa's recipe is in her book, but wait, I can't find the recipe on her site! Does that mean I have to type it up for you? Gah.
Well here's my version then. (Yes, my tone is ungracious, this was supposed to be an easy post...)
1 butternut squash
1 red chilli
1 green chilli
3 cloves of garlic
2-3 tbsps of red lentils
2 tbsps of cheating curry paste (I use one in a tub from Waitrose)
1tbsp olive oil
1 small carton of coconut cream
Bunch of fresh coriander
- Peel the butternut squash, scoop out the seeds and roughly chop. Place into a deep saucepan
- Add the oil, half the curry paste, chopped chillis, garlic, lentils and half the coriander
- Fry gently for about 5 minutes, then add enough water to just cover the butternut squash
- Bring to the boil and simmer hard for about 15 mins while you clear up the kitchen and do last night's washing-up (true story). Add more water if necessary
- Blitz with a hand blender until smooth. Add the coconut cream
- Put back on the heat and add salt to taste and the other tbsp of curry paste if you think it needs it
- Serve and garnish with the rest of the chopped coriander
- Try to get warm and wonder if the snow will bring the country to a halt on Friday
© Pig in the Kitchen All Rights Reserved